[dundee] Clouds, I hate them, they are my constant foe

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 21 10:08:48 UTC 2010

Well partly because of what James said, there's a certain Web
2.0/Ajax-like marketing vibe about it for something that's relatively
simple, but give it a fancy name and suddenly everyone is talking
about it. Also some people seem to treat them like a panacea, there is
a 'lets stick it in the cloud, that will fix all our problems and
lower our budget' mentality. Also a useless guy I worked with 6 years
ago who use to blame almost all problems on the cloud, he was talking
about something different but I'm kind of reminded of him every time I
hear the term.

Kris