[dundee] The most popular Linux foe web servers is CentOS

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 06:49:01 UTC 2010

It would be interesting to do some geographical stuff and some company
analysis stuff (see what proportion of the numbers come from the big
hosting companies) and take population into account. Redhat and
derivatives have always been very popular in the US. Much the same way
TurboLinux is popular in parts of Asia. I think Europe use to have a
SuSE bias, might of changed now.

I'd probably pay for some support, just as a safety net/covering my
own ass sort of thing, but it would depend on the company, legal
considerations and how critical uptime was.

Question to people who use Fedora on the workstations, I understand
it's suppose to integrate better, and it's easier just working with
one distro, but isn't Fedora supposed to be bleeding edge, a sort of
test platform. Maybe it's in the same boat as Squeeze but I still
wouldn't roll that out to business desktops. Just wondering about the
reasoning?

Kris