[dundee] GNOME Census - Who Writes GNOME & the start of a Flame War

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 31 19:29:48 UTC 2010

On 31 July 2010 19:38, Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:

> To be fair. He's just telling it like it is.
>
> Best none of these people look at Jon Corbet's "Who writes the Kernel
> articles" ;)
>
>  People have lost the plot somehow, Red Hat is the World's biggest open
source company with a market value of approx $5 billion, they are looking at
taking on the big proprietary software companies. Why should you bad mouth a
smaller Linux company which is not really in competition with you and where
there are collaborative processes involved between the two communities, it
is totally stupid and unproductive. "Telling like it is", just like
Manchester United telling Scunthorpe United that we have better footballers
than you. Come on here, the name of the game here is collaboration and not
competition, that is what Greg totally forgot.

Gordon