[dundee] GNOME Census - Who Writes GNOME & the start of a Flame War

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Sat Jul 31 21:31:20 UTC 2010

On 31 July 2010 21:51, Andrew Clayton <andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:

> Ok, what I think the problem is, that's it's not that it's Red Hat saying
> that they are so much better
>  than every one else.
>
> It's Canonical always making some statement about how they have done this
> or that.
> Basically making out that it's them alone.
>
> Interesting how other distributions that have been around longer don't seem
> to cause ire towards them.
>
> Because they aren't making proclamations about this that or the other.
>
> So it's not Man U saying they are better than Scunthorpe, it's the other
> way around.
>
> Hope I'm explaining this right. And I see it as Greg D just venting his
> frustration with this.
>
>   Greg should be experienced enough not to fall for the Marketing or media
tart ploy where organisations or individuals hype up their importance,
potential & capabilities. Look at  what some proprietary software companies
are telling you about their products, do you believe what they are saying?
Of course not, you let it go in one ear and out of the other. They say that
actions speak louder than words, Red Hat has proved this in the REAL WORLD
regarding their profitability, Canonical has not yet done so and until they
can actually do this, ie. Scunthorpe winning a trophy, their words are
meaningless.

Gordon

Andrew