[dundee] Striking workers will curb network upgrades, claims BT

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Mon Jun 21 10:29:43 UTC 2010

For a single site and depending on how critical uptime was, if
available I'd have:

    * Dial backup (stand and ISDN)
    * Dual connections with different providers, in the case of ADSL
one line on the BT network another on the BE network.
    * Some sort of wireless peering/understanding for lack of a better
description with other businesses in the area that we could have some
access to their network if needed.

For more than one site, pretty much the same but with leased
lines/private circuits so I could route traffic to another sites
external connection if needed.

I've kept business networks online via my or anyones mobile once or twice.

I'd try to ensure uptime by selection decent ISPs and having spare
equipment handy.

I'm always amazed by people who talk about how much money they lose
when the internet is down, yet have a crappy home service with crappy
hardware.

Kris