[dundee] OpenSuse 11.2 on Netbook

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Mon Sep 6 08:10:18 UTC 2010

I installed the above on a Sony Vaio M notebook (Intel Atom N450) as I got a
"it must work just like my desktop"-type instruction from the user. Did not
expect it to be a pleasant experience but it actually installed and found all
the hardware first time, wireless, graphics, the lot - it even picked up the
O2 dongle as soon as it was plugged in. It runs very fast as well.

I know I curse OpenSnooze (much as I continue to use it) but it's interesting
and a little startling  to see a full distro work on a little device like
this, with no tweaks.

I'm thinking of getting another netbook and seeing which full distros work and
which don't

RJL

--
Robert Ladyman