[dundee] SFD update

Arron M Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Thu Sep 16 10:11:53 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-09-16 at 10:52 +0100, Andrew Clayton wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Sep 2010 19:25:51 -0400, Christopher Wyllie wrote:
>
> > Hmm, perhaps an Ekiga call or similar would be more appropriate? :P
>
> Certainly a much more appropriate choice.
>
> Empathy can also do video...

You guys do GET we're on someone else's Network, with THEIR rules,
policies and preferences.

In addition to it being slightly above message for the day, last time i
checked i didn't know SFD was use free software and nothing ELSE.  I
thought it was about sharing in an attitude towards freedom in software,
not FREE SOFTWARE.  They are many open codes that have very restrictive
licensing, that are just as restrictive as a proprietary product.  Just
because you get a source doesn't mean you inherent anything.

> Andrew

After actually being involved with setting this up in the past, actually
turning up to meetings about it, and actually turning up to the event(s)
i can assure you that if it where as simple as just choosing a FOSS
product for the event, it would have been done over THREE years ago when
we actually started this whole Linux Society business.

Sorry to seem short but frankly it seems appropriate to ignore the
constant level of input when it suits and nag about ridiculous minor
issues.

I've had digs because of the way i use a mailing list, and yet when it
comes to actually participating constructively i hear nothing.

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

www.finux.co.uk - www.twitter.com/f1nux - www.facebook.com/finux

PGP: http://finux.co.uk/finux.asc

AND I'LL WRITE ANY WHERE ABOVE OR BELOW THIS SIGNATURE I DAMN PLEASE