[dundee] SFD Update 2!

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Fri Sep 17 12:38:26 UTC 2010

Hey guys,

T-shirts have been a no-go as the university have changed their policy for
requesting society funds, and  I'd be unable to access any more than £50,
and it wouldnt be available until monday, which is obviously useless.

So can I ask that anyone who has a t-shirt from last year, please bring that
with you :P (I know its the wrong year, but it's just to differentiate
speakers/demos from the public.

We've access to the HMC from 9:00AM, so please be there sharp, so we can be
set up for 10.

I've gotten leaflets made and printed up, they're actually pretty awesome,
timbo will be giving those out in town with another "Volunteer" tomorrow. ;)

We've also a prize raffle/question tomorrow, and the lucky winner will be
taking home one of the new PC's we'll be demoing on.

Network ports have been specified and requested, we have our plinths for
demo machines, the projector is tested and working. (phew.)

Here's the important bit.

can I ask that EVERYONE who has the ability to, to bring in FIVE or more
CD's burned, with anything you want on regarding FOSS. (arch, fedora,
OpenCD, whatever.)

time to go home and write my talks :/

See you bright and early tomorrow morning.

--

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society