[dundee] GCHQ top UK Linux Installations

Gary Short gary at garyshort.org
Tue Sep 28 09:44:47 UTC 2010

These kinds of articles do Linux no favours, the author is clearly an idiot.
He lists three reasons why things will change...

1.       Because the Liberals have taken power. Rubbish, the Liberals are
the junior half of the coalition, they actually lost seats compared to the
previous election, they are not in a position of power. Most observers agree
that the policies of this government are broadly Conservative.

2.       Because politicians now "get it". Really? The legislation they
produce does not back up this assertion in anyway.

3.       Nobody but the middle classes can afford to buy MS. Nonsense! The
difference between the price of a PC, from Dell say, with Windows and one
with Linux is negligible.

This is lazy journalism at its best.

Cheers,

Gary