[dundee] Forget Stallman we have Ladyman! This weeks meeting

Arron 'Finux' Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Mon Apr 4 15:16:59 UTC 2011

Hi Guys,

Q: So what do you get if you cross a grey beard, with an wireless ISP

A: Robert "Swifty" Ladyman

That's right folks, he's out of public speaking retirement to talk at
the society about his time as running a Wireless ISP.

Now folks its not often you get to pick the brains of an ex-isp however
your chance has come.

Now the meeting will be at Thursday 7th, at the University of Abertay at
7pm.  Its in the lecture theatre we have been in for the past two
meetings, however if your late then ask one of the nice security guards
to show you the way.  They don't bite, honest.

Talk Abstract Below;

ISP Talk

All you never wanted to know about the inner workings of a small ISP:

* Learn new phrases, TLD's and other technical terms! Do YOU know what an NTU
is (hint: it's not Nephelometric Turbidity Units) or are you just a DFU?
* Find out how to accidentally become an ISP...and deliberately stop being
one!
* Discover the inability of technical staff to understand customers (and vice
versa)!
* Learn how an artist can steal part of your network without you or your
customers even knowing!
* Find out why you might throttle your customers!
* Find out about Frank and Norm!

You, yes YOU! can find out all these secrets and more....and for FREE!

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

PGP: http://finux.co.uk/finux.asc