[dundee] Software developer job openings in Dundee

Simon Wells siwells at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 12:49:03 UTC 2011

On 4 Apr 2011, at 15:50, Andrew Clayton wrote:

> On Mon, 4 Apr 2011 15:17:12 +0100, Simon Wells wrote:
>
>> Hi Guys,
>
> Hi Simon, hows it going?

Not bad. Recently moved jobs within Dundee Uni, from computing to life-sciences, which at the moment, essentially boils down to: no teaching, less research, lots of coding. Currently developing a pilot implementation of a secure dataset management application for healthcare informatics. Basically enable researchers to access and use anonymised patient data with strong authentication, authorisation, and auditing.

>> The project leverages existing developers from the OME project (for
>> more information, see http://openmicroscopy.org) and will deliver a
>
> Was actually looking at that website the other day and noticed it had a
> tie in with Dundee University.

For any particular reason?

> not that I'm currently looking for a new job...

The trick seems to be keeping it that way ;)

Simon

Dr. Simon Wells

E-mail:	siwells at gmail.com
IM:		sw3lls at yahoo.co.uk
Mail:       	University of Dundee,
		Wellcome Trust Centre for Gene Regulation & Expression,
		Dow Street, Dundee, DD1 5EH, United Kingdom.
WWW:    http://www.simonwells.org
Blog:       http://www.strangeaeons.org
Phone:   +44 (0)
Fax:        +44 (0)  (FAO: Simon Wells)