[dundee] CentOS 6 - Release Update

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Sun Apr 10 22:40:03 UTC 2011

On 2 February 2011 23:21, gordon dunlop <zubenel at fedoraproject.org> wrote:

> The release of CentOS 6 is taking longer than what is considered as usual
> and it seems to be due to the greater complexity of Red Hat 6, especially in
> the way that SELinux works, the Scientific Linux team has been reporting
> this as well. Added to this, Red Hat 5.6 has been released, the CentOS team
> will be releasing CentOS 5.6 first before releasing CentOS 6.
>

> http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7952/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%20%3A+LinuxMagazine+%28Linux+Magazine%3A+Top+Stories%29
>
> I will post when CentOS 5.6 is released so that you know when the
> development team will be giving undivided attention to CentOS 6.
>
>   CentOS 5.6 has now been released, there were no problems with the update
to the TayLUG server, but I forgot to update the PHP scripts to the MySQL
database for the new Mediawiki version 1.16.2-56.el5 so anyone trying to
connect to the TayLUG website over the past couple of days would get a
database error.  Apologies to everyone this is now done.

 http://distrowatch.com/?newsid=06620

 The roadmap for CentOS 6 from the developers that it will be released 2
weeks from the release of CentOS 5.6, hmm considering the wait for 5.6 I
would go for 1st of May date for the release of CentOS 6 or maybe I am being
optimistic, we shall see.

Gordon