[dundee] The Ceylon Project: Java Next Generation?

Rick Moynihan rick.moynihan at gmail.com
Wed Apr 13 22:45:44 UTC 2011

On 13 April 2011 23:15, gordon dunlop <zubenel at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
> I thought this article was quite interesting, especially regarding the
> recent spats between Oracle/Google, Oracle/Apache regarding Java.
>
>  http://blog.talawah.net/2011/04/gavin-king-unviels-red-hats-top-secret.html

It's always nice to see a new language, but I really can't see the
point in this one.  It sounds like its been designed with similar
goals to Scala; except Scala has some traction, and was designed by
someone who knows what they're doing, it's also mature and available
today.

My own personal preference for JVM languages is as you all know, Clojure... :-)

R.