[dundee] Dundee Mailing List

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Wed Apr 20 09:32:39 UTC 2011

> As i say only a suggestion bud, i would think though it may well be
> worth grabbing swifty's DPA experience on this, we're also looking down
> the barrel of a "rite to forget" addition in to data being held, i do
> wonder if that holds any weight to us as well

Gordon has covered it fully as we now have "informed" consent as to what will
happen. My opinion would be that, even without this, the common expectation
would be of publication and retention so that there is no issue.

As an aside, I have previously run a mailing list with anonymous postings, but
it required manual scanning of each email (and trimming of same to remove all
identifiable information including those pesky confidentiality notices): that
was an exceptional case because of the nature of the particular environment
and is not the norm. Even in that case, old messages were stored and available
to be searched by all and sundry.

--
Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited