[dundee] Software Freedom Day Roll Call (Talks, Demos) 17th September 2011 - need help to publicize the event too.

Ryan Ward ry.ward91 at gmail.com
Wed Aug 17 22:34:52 UTC 2011

Hi all,

I'd just like to do a roll call and get talks confirmed for the day
before we start putting out adverts and what not. So I've gone over
the recent archives and recalled conversations in the pub here's what
i've got as a rough line up for the day.

Demos (Paul Lancaster - Ubuntu Studio, Rob McWilliam - Arduino, I will
have a live linux distribution should it want to be shown and also
bring the OLPCs).

*Talks prefixed with a number will be run simultaneously - 1 indicates
it will be held in the cinema, 2 indicates the gallery)
---
Introduction
What is Free and Open-source Software - Ryan Ward

1 Survival Guide for Linux - Markus Tauber
2 Packets, freedom, networks and neutrality -  Rorie Hood
1 What is Android - Kris Findlay
2 WINE - Gavin Ewan

Free software for Indie Games Dev - Hazel McKendrick

1.00 = Lunch

1 Open-source and broadcasting - Kenny Coyle
2 Blender - Gary Whitton
1 Introduction to PKI - Robert Ladyman
2 Geo-Caching - Scott Cowie
1 UPnP - Arron Finnon
2 ?? - Nick Walker
Sign off
---
We would also like a bit of help to publicize both TayLUG and theOS
during fresher's week which is conveniently before SFD.

On the 13th September all of Abertay University's Fresher's have to
attend the Principle's Welcome which is held in Caird Hall, In this
time they have to stand in a big long queue and wait to enter. they
also get sectioned off into Schools. prime time for all computing and
games students.

I would like to distribute Software Freedom Day flyers however I am
not the most creative person when it comes to designing posters etc..
Would anyone like to help us move forward with this in terms of
designing?

also i would appreciate a few vollunteers to help distribute the
leaflets on the 13th September.

For the social media users out there the event is on facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=248088801876390

Regards,

--------
Ryan Ward