[dundee] The End Of IP As We Know It - request for a talk

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 12:03:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2 Feb 2011 11:43:45 +0000
Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:

> http://isc.sans.edu/diary.html?storyid=10342
>
> In the light of the end of IP4, have we got anyone who can talk with
> authority about IPV6? If so, could we get a talk from them?
>
> I've been pestering my ISP about this but to no avail, as yet.

I would appreciate a talk on this as I'm still a bit hazy on the
subject, particularly around 6to4. I've been tempted to try it locally
but just haven't had the time to do something that would probably cause
me lots of hassle to begin with. I got the impression that Virgin Media
have now started to look into it but I'm not holding my breath.

James