[dundee] World IPv6 Day

Kris Davidson davidson.kris at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:24:40 UTC 2011

SSH'd into my server and tunneling traffic over it I get:

Your IPv4 address on the public internet appears to be 89.16.175.35

Your IPv6 address on the public internet appears to be 2001:41c8:1:5a19::2

World IPv6 day is June 8th, 2011. No problems are anticipated for you
with this browser, at this location. [more info]

Congratulations! You appear to have both IPv4 and IPv6 internet
working. If a publisher publishes to IPv6, your browser will connect
using IPv6. Your browser prefers IPv6 over IPv4 when given the choice
(this is the expected outcome).

Your DNS server (possibly run by your ISP) appears to have no access
to the IPv6 internet, or is not configured to use it. This may in the
future restrict your ability to reach IPv6-only sites. [more info]

Your readiness scores

10/10	 for your IPv4 stability and readiness, when publishers offer
both IPv4 and IPv6
9/10	 for your IPv6 stability and readiness, when publishers are
forced to go IPv6 only

Test with IPv4 DNS record
ok (2.856s) using ipv4
Test with IPv6 DNS record
ok (2.836s) using ipv6
Test if your ISP's DNS server uses IPv6
bad (2.294s)
Test with Dual Stack DNS record
ok (2.863s) using ipv6
Test IPv4 without DNS
ok (2.798s) using ipv4
Test IPv6 without DNS
ok (2.708s) using ipv6
Test IPv6 large packet
ok (2.793s) using ipv6

Like with IPv6 Hurricane electric it's Bytemarks DNS servers that are
holding me back.

Kris