[dundee] 'rms'

Arron 'Finux' Finnon finux at finux.co.uk
Thu Feb 10 14:02:03 UTC 2011

Okay folks so after much soul searching and bargaining with the devil
'rms' is coming to town.  As i have previously stated that there is a
small charge for this talk, but as TayLUG and society members that this
fee will be halved.   I have ear marked 50 tickets for TayLUG and the
society and they are on a first come first served basis.  I will start
notifying the university that they are tickets for this monday/tuesday time.

To get your ticket, either grab me at tonight's meeting, of email me
with 'rms ticket' in the subject line

Not to worry if you miss the batch though, i mean it is only a fiver.
This is only to ensure that tickets are used and not just blocked
reserved for someone because it was free.  In addition to covering any
cost.  I have discussed this matter with the sponsor of this trip and we
are very happy to announce that any profits made will be donate to the
local charity "The Brittle Bones Society" a truly worthy cause i'm sure
all will agree. (http://www.brittlebone.org/)

I have below a notice i will be making available to everyone, please
feel free to share with people you think will enjoy this opportunity.

BOF

Dundee 3rd March, 'rms' talks about "Free Software and Your Freedom"

Richard M Stallman (http://stallman.org/)

Richard Matthew Stallman (born March 16, 1953), often shortened to rms,
is an American software freedom activist and computer programmer. In
September 1983, he launched the GNU Project to create a free Unix-like
operating system, and has been the project's lead architect and
organiser. With the launch of the GNU Project, he initiated the free
software movement; in October 1985 he founded the Free Software Foundation.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Stallman)

His talk on the 3rd of March at the Apex Hotel Dundee
(http://bit.ly/ejbbCq), 7pm will be entitled

Free Software and Your Freedom

Richard Stallman will speak about the goals and philosophy of the Free
Software Movement, and the status and history of the GNU operating
system, which in combination with the kernel Linux is now used by tens
of millions of users world-wide.

Tickets are available at http://rmsdundee.eventbrite.com/

contact finux at finux.co.uk if you have any questions.

EOF

--
Arron "finux" Finnon

Finux.co.uk - Twitter.com/f1nux - facebook.com/finux

PGP: http://finux.co.uk/finux.asc