[dundee] 'rms'

Robert McWilliam rmcw at allmail.net
Tue Feb 15 14:15:13 UTC 2011

On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 23:59 +0000, "Andrew Clayton"
<andrew at digital-domain.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Feb 2011 22:08:37 +0000, Robert McWilliam wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 11:39:10AM +0000, Rick Moynihan wrote:
> > > Just make sure you offer the video in a libre/open format, RMS is a
> > > stickler for that.
> > >

> > The license is really up to rms since I would need a license to his
> > copyright for the performance before I can do anything with the video
> > since it would be a derivative work of his performance.
> >
> > I think we cna rely on him to pick something that allows distribution
> > of derivative works though.
>
> Err, I think he was meaning that the video should be in an open
> format such as Ogg Theora or WebM...

Ah, yes. It even says format in the bit I quoted. I should learn to read
things properly before replying to them (but who has time for that?).

I would make Ogg theora/vorbis. Probably make something from the MPEG
family as well for the people who object to freedom, and possibly even
stick it up on vimeo for the people who hate both freedom and processor
cycles.

Robert

Robert McWilliam     rmcw at allmail.net    www.ormiret.com

The opinions expressed herin are not necessarily those of my
employer, not necessarily mine, and probably not necessary.