[dundee] FOSDEM 2011 Videos

Kenny Coyle kenny at heloo.net
Thu Feb 17 19:05:12 UTC 2011

I was in a conversation with the video guy at FOSDEM - Video and Audio
broadcasting really hits my geek-nerve ^.^

To what I can gather, the logistics involved in recording the videos in
different formats is seriously complicated (the main track was being
recorded from a broadcast quality camera to a laptop via firewire). Most of
the video has been saved in a quasi-dv format to hard disk for later
rendering - making it quite difficult to transcode at a later date. The main
priority during fosdem is both saving of video and broadcasting it via
Icecast, so it's always a compromise.

There has been discussion of converting it all to WebM, but I think that's
still in the works.

Cheers,
K.