[dundee] BashPitfalls

Martin Habets errandir_news at mph.eclipse.co.uk
Thu Feb 17 22:46:20 UTC 2011

On Wed, Feb 09, 2011 at 10:37:50PM +0100, Axel wrote:
> In circumstance you have to port your program to another
> operation system such as Windows, you have to avoid this or is will
> be crashing. There are directories like "Documents and Settings",
> which contain spaces.

I must say, that one still puzzles me. Took me quite a while to figure out
how to cd into that directory. Tried "cd Document~1" and stuff like that
for a while. Frustrating...

Nowadays I usually avoid it, sftp my work between C:\TEMP and the Linux
machine.
Would windows allow me to rename that directory to Documents_and_Settings,
or will it insist on the spaces?

Martin