[dundee] Joomla

Nicholas Walker tel0seh at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 1 14:15:10 UTC 2011

Try and use as few modules as possible though. The core joomla framework/CMS
itself is seemingly quite secure, but a huge chunk of the modules that you
can add-on to it (calendar widgets etc) are horrific as far as security is
concerned.

check it out:

http://www.exploit-db.com/search/?action=search&filter_page=1&filter_description=joomla&filter_exploit_text=&filter_author=&filter_platform=0&filter_type=0&filter_lang_id=0&filter_port=&filter_osvdb=&filter_cve=

On Fri, Jul 1, 2011 at 11:07 AM, Robert Ladyman <it at file-away.co.uk> wrote:

> Many thanks - I have a contact with a half-finished site, who needs it
> finished and polished off, so I should be able to do that for him, then. I
> note that it's in PHP so I imagine swearing will be a major component.
>
> RJL
>
> > Joomla is a web content management system (as a basic description).
> Anyone
> >  with web design skills should be able to pick up it's nuances quite
> >  quickly. It's similar to drupal but (I have been told) not as powerful.
> >  Lots of people seem to swear by it though.
> >
> >  Jan
> > Edinburgh

Nick Walker
President : The Linux Society