[dundee] CMS for documentation?

James Carter jamescarter_uk at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Jul 8 08:32:25 UTC 2011

Wordpress uses a seperate clunky cms editor off screen, not so good
for documentation and painfully slow requiring mysql.

I would stick with a wiki like you first suggested as I don't
believe they're visually unappealing if you play with the stylesheet.
If you make a nice banner at the top of the page they can look quite nice.

The best I've used are faster and easier to understand than docuwiki
and don't need a database, although dokuwiki is not a bad one as far
as php goes as it doesn't need a database and I actually like databases!
It looks awful so I understand your issue there.

http://moinmo.in/         python powered, there's a plugin to export

                          whole wiki as pdf, very few wikis will do this out of the box.

http://www.screwturn.eu   highly recommended functionality written in c#/asp.net
                          generally IIS/windows only but can be got to run on linux/mono
                          but no pdf export unless you wrote one, nice editor.

James