[dundee] Software Freedom Day 2011(update) - CALL FOR TALKS & DEMOS

Ryan Ward ry.ward91 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 12 22:16:22 UTC 2011

Hi folks,

As many of you know Software Freedom Day is coming up on the *17th September
*. the Hannah Maclure Centre is booked and a few of you know your burden :P

Software Freedom Day last year sparked some great discussion both from the
floor and the pub. the talks and demos were great. As a visitor to Dundee
and a Linux community i felt it a friendly atmosphere that defeated the
intimidating linux stereotype that I once had.

It seems like a lifetime ago for me as it was my first TayLUG/Society
meeting that I attended so will be a bit of a milestone.

I'd like to get some articles posted in various university and local media
publications prior to the event and most of you know if your talking or not.
So i'd prefer it if abstracts were submitted to either me or Arron by the
31st July.

So here's what we have so far.

Me - What is Free and Open Source Software.
Scott 'Hamgammon' Cowie - Geocaching
Finux - UPnP popper?
Gary Whitton - Blender
Hazel - free software for indie games development

*So is there any talks or suggestions people would like to offer (this
includes demos) ???*

A demo suggestion I have is the compiz cube (it seemed to go down well on
the stand CovLUG held at the Godiva Festival).

I'm sure if i've missed anything finux will give his tupence.

it's been a lengthy one,

so thanks for reading.

--
Ryan Ward