[dundee] Fwd: [CovLUG-Chat] Want to be a TV presenter?

Ryan Ward ry.ward91 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 27 21:35:05 UTC 2011

Hi all,

Picked this up off the CovLUG mailinglist. Thought the below may be of
interest to some TayLUG members too.

Date: 27 June 2011 21:43
Subject: [CovLUG-Chat] Want to be a TV presenter?
To: Chat <chat at lists.covlug.org.uk>

I've just picked this up from the fizzPOP list and thought it might be
just the thing for some CovLUG members :-D

> Plum Pictures, a London based TV company - makers of James May’s Toy
> Stories, The Secret Caribbean with Trevor McDonald and E-Numbers: An Edible
> Adventure are currently developing a programme series for a major
> broadcaster called ‘The Repair Shop’ [working title]. The series is an
> attempt to confront our addiction to disposable living – from everyday
> gadgets to furniture to kitchen appliances; this habit of throwing away
> anything and everything without any attempt to repair it has become a firm
> fixture in British life.
>
> They are looking to cast a team of on-screen experts who will show members
> of the audience how to lovingly restore these broken items. They are looking
> to screen test - Electricians, Engineers, Mechanics, Gadget Geeks and
> Technologists who are enthusiastic, strong characters as a potential cast
> for the show.
>
> Please contact Jo Enyori, Development Producer E:
> JoEnyori at plumpictures.co.uk with a short biography, photograph and
> description of your area of expertise

Could be a case for open source software and hardware to the rescue.

--
Ryan Ward
President of theOS

https://www.twitter.com/rysward