[dundee] Hardware for a firewall/content filter

James Le Cuirot chewi at aura-online.co.uk
Mon May 9 13:14:23 UTC 2011

On Mon, 09 May 2011 13:48:44 +0100
Colin Brough <Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> Just looking for pointers for some cheap hardware on which to run a
> firewall and content filter - and possibly a low-traffic mail server.

I've mentioned this on here before but it's fairly easy to install
OpenWRT on a number of home routers including the Netgear DG384v2. You
should be able to pick one of these up on eBay for less than £20. It's
no speed demon and it's a little tight on RAM but it should be more
than capable for what you require.

James