[dundee] Hardware for a firewall/content filter

Colin Brough Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu May 12 14:47:31 UTC 2011

Andrew Clayton wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2011 10:00:54 +0100, Colin Brough wrote:
>
>> Andrew Clayton wrote:

>>> Just a heads up. But you might not actually _need_ 2 interfaces.
>>> Certainly iptables nat works fine with just the one.

[ snip interesting explanation ]

> But yes, it could look like the diagram on the right.
>
> Andrew

Thanks - helpful. And Robert, your suggestion is exactly what I was
planning on doing; the question was suitable quiet low cost hardware
on which to do it... (no spare 486s here, nor space for one, and no
desire to have another clackety fan in my workspace!!).

--

Cheers

Colin

Rev Colin Brough
Minister
Fintry Parish Church of Scotland, Dundee
Scottish Charity Number: SC020742

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk