[dundee] OpenSuSE 11.4 Minimal Text install problem

Andreas Stieger andreas.stieger at gmx.de
Sat May 14 12:28:31 UTC 2011

Hello Robert,

On Thursday 12 May 2011 09:12:03 Robert Ladyman wrote:
> 670255, 663764, 675158
>
> Because I secretly love OpenSuSE (shh...don't tell anyone) I kept bashing
> away at it (on virtual and real machines) and eventually downloaded a net
> install version of 11.4: this installed successfully without the bug, but
> it does exist in the full DVD version, at least the one that I have. If
> you have a different DVD could you also try installing the minimal text
> version (it's reasonably quick) and see?
>
> I'm just downloading the DVD image from the OpenSuSE site itself (the one I
> was using was from Linux Magazine, Issue 126). If it exists in that version
> I'll report it as a bug (it might just be that the magazine cheated by
> putting out a release candidate instead of the actual released version).

Such magazines are known to use pre-release versions for their covermount
media. (down to alpha 4This particular version is neither an official release
candidate for the final release, as these menu selections match none of the
officiall media. They must have composed the image themselves using kiwi.

Andreas