[dundee] Knight-Mozilla News Initiative - Ideas Jam - University of Dundee

Gordon gicoupar at googlemail.com
Wed May 18 00:29:08 UTC 2011

Just got emailed this through my university's computer science department,
thought I'd share it in case it's of interest to anyone.

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1687303771/

*Hack the future of journalism online.*
*Hosted by Product Design Dundee with Hack/Hackers Edinburgh, Knight
Foundation & Mozilla.*
*Do you have ideas for how news and journalism can be edgier, cooler, and
more interactive online? Are you a web developer? A designer? A news junkie
with a hankering to hack?*
*Team up with innovative peers and brainstorm ideas that help journalists
take advantage of the open web and engage with citizens in new ways.*
*Qualify directly for a yearlong paid fellowship*
* at the Guardian, the BBC and other major news outlets by entering your
idea during the jam.*
* *
*When: *
*Friday 27th May, 2011 (09.00 – 18.00 with Beer, Pizza & Irn Bru included)*
*Where: *
*DJCAD, Perth Road, Dundee, DD1 4HT *
*Follow:*
*@KnightMozilla on Twitter for the latest news & updates*