[dundee] FAO: Roddy / Pub Discussion

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Fri Apr 6 11:45:45 UTC 2012

Roddy,

Can't find your email address, but the items we were discussing were:-

IPCOP
http://ipcop.org/
(I would tend to stick to 1.4.20 at the moment).

SuperShaper-SOHO
https://github.com/robinsmidsrod/SuperShaper-SOHO

Update Accelerator...
http://update-accelerator.advproxy.net/

...which is also associated with Advproxy
http://www.advproxy.net/

For advertising / virus / trojan sites, I use the following in squid.conf
acl ADVERTSITES dstdomain "/etc/squid/blacklists"
http_access deny ADVERTSITES
acl ADVERTREGEX url_regex "/etc/squid/regexblacklist"
http_access deny ADVERTREGEX

"blacklists" contains entries like (note the first one is a misspelling spam
site):-

.youttube.com
.carbonads.com
.zazzle.com
.video.merriam-webster.com
.adap.tv
.url123.info
#.kissmetrics.com
#.regmedia.co.uk
.api.mixpanel.com

regexblacklist contains entries like:-

adserver
servedby
maxymiser

and just looks for those strings in the url

Regards,
RJL
--

Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited, 32 Church Street, Newtyle