[dundee] Thu 26th July - FUSE by Gordon Coupar

Stuart McCulloch Anderson chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Fri Jul 20 19:06:26 UTC 2012

Good evening all,

Once again its Friday always feels like its so far off but here it is at last!

I'm delighted to announce the next LUG meeting will be given by our very own
Gordon Coupar. This meeting will be held as normal in the Burgh Coffee house on
Castle Street on Thursday 26th July at 18:30

He will be talking about FUSE, but rather than let me try and explain it
Gordon has very sensibly provided his own abstract for us bellow...

"Userspace filesystems present an opportunity to develop novel ways of viewing,
accessing and managing data through standard filesystem operations without the
complexities of kernel module development.

This talk will look to explain what FUSE is, why it's useful, what it has been
used for, how you can use it to develop your own filesystems (hopefully with
examples) as well as demonstrating existing FUSE filesystems."

Stuart McCulloch Anderson
Chairman

The Software Society Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre,
Newtyle, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH12 8TL, SCOTLAND

Mobile: +44 (0) 7787 432 476

A Company Limited by Guarantee