[dundee] Drupal Camp Scotland 25-26 May, Edinburgh

Rob Carr rob at carr.me
Thu May 17 12:14:33 UTC 2012

I'm helping to organise a community-led Drupal seminar/training/conference/camp event (http://camp.drupalscotland.org) in just over a week at the University of Edinburgh (http://camp.drupalscotland.org/venue) and wondered if you want to come along too. I gave a talk on Drupal 2 weeks ago with the Dundee LUG/Software Society, and this event is good follow-up for those interested.

In the spirit of all things open source, the event is free to attend and - thanks to some generous sponsorship - we've even got free lunch organised. You just need to register at camp.drupalscotland.org (http://camp.drupalscotland.org) so we can organise enough food. No catch: like any LUG-type meeting, it's a community event trying to generate interest in a project created by thousands of other people.

The full programme is on the website (http://camp.drupalscotland.org), but to summarise:
Friday 25 May
High level presentations (http://camp.drupalscotland.org/drupal-for-business) on using Drupal for your business.
Chance to network with web shops and freelancers from Scotland and the UK.
An introduction to installing and using Drupal (http://camp.drupalscotland.org/welcome-drupal) to build websites

Saturday 26 May
Main community 'Camp (http://camp.drupalscotland.org/drupalcamp-scotland)' - sessions for beginners, intermediate and advanced. Covering technical/design/user topics and all the latest web-related stuff. The keynote is by Nick Burch from the Apache Software Foundation.

There will also be a few socials in Edinburgh after each day's events. Lunch and refreshments are free on both days, and *FREE BEER* on Saturday after the final session.

If you're interested, please register (http://camp.drupalscotland.org/user/register) and come along on the Friday and/or Saturday. Over half the tickets have gone already, so please register shortly to guarantee a space. And feel free to pass this message on to others you may think might be interested.

Rob Carr