[dundee] Raspberry pi

azmodie azmodie at gmail.com
Sun May 27 03:11:06 UTC 2012

hi all,
         i agree that a motion detecting camera monitor is a possible usage
for the pi  although i do think its slightly missing the point. the pop
plug ~£40  has already been used wth a cross-compiled version of zone
monitor.
which is capable of monitoring usb or ip camera
for motion and alerting various different methods.

I'd personally like to see more development in software and electronics.
more like the arduino stuff and the expEYES project
http://www.raspberrypi.org/archives/1228

I think as more schools, colleges and university's take on the device as a
teaching platform. it be great if there were some unusual and unique
projects that are loosely documented will be more useful and interesting to
both old and new

there are more and more addons and extensions to the pi coming soon.

connecting the kinnect to the p may be interesting. also i agree opencv may
also provide some interesting use cases.

azmodie

--
http://gplus.to/azmodie
"Since light travels faster than sound, people appear bright until you hear