[dundee] Crossover Office Free today

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Fri Nov 2 09:14:49 UTC 2012

> On 31 October 2012 18:57, Kingsley G. Morse Jr. <kingsley at loaner.com> wrote:
> > http://technology.ie/crossover-office-free-today-only/
> >
> > I downloaded crossover to see what it was like as I use Wine for some
>
> things. I tried out a couple of games in crossover (derived from Wine
> version 1.4.1), but unfortunately I had no sound as the the Wine
> configuration could not detect my PulseAudio sound server system, only the
> individual sound cards. In Fedora I use Wine (version 1.5.13) with the
> wine-pulseaudio package from the Fedora repositories, this detects and
> operates the PulseAudio sound server system OK giving good audio. So I'm
> sticking with Wine here.
>
> Gordon

We use it for Word for those pesky clients - we've taken to using a
virtualised copy of Windows for Office 2010 as Crossover didn't have support
for it. Crossover is worth the money though: if the program is supported, it
all gets confgured for you (useful if you've so much else to do).

--
Robert Ladyman
File-Away Limited