[dundee] There ain't no such thing as "The Internet"

chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Sun Oct 21 18:58:24 UTC 2012

Good evening,

I'm sorry this is running so much later than you have come to expect. Thank to a
little help from our coffee morning groups I've finally got all the emails back on-line.

This week we have a treat in store. Robert 'Bob' Ladyman is doing his long awaited talk
     There ain't no such thing as "The Internet" (a.k.a. The Honeycomb Talk)

I hope to see you all there, to hell with the weather, we're British after all, we should
be used to it by now!

Come along and listen to an old man tell you that there's no such thing as the
"Internet" - and be startled when you end up agreeing with him. He'll also
rant and rave about verbs, nouns, sharks and how cloudy thinking leads to
dubious security, extra costs, regulatory incompetence and bad Gaidhlig
translations of technical terms. You'll get a free preview of the new London
Underground map and, as an added bonus, once you've listened to the talk, you
won't have to listen to him harping on about it next time he's in the pub with
you!

Warning: talk may contain high horses

As always
... if you have been, thanks for reading

Stuart McCulloch Anderson
Chairman

The Software Society Limited
3 Ralston Business Centre,
Newtyle, Blairgowrie, Perthshire, PH12 8TL, SCOTLAND

Mobile: +44 (0) 7787 432 476

A Company Limited by Guarantee