[dundee] Read me first: Was: Hey

Robert Ladyman it at file-away.co.uk
Tue Apr 23 05:55:22 UTC 2013

I bravely visted it - using Konqueror which, let's face it, hardly displays
any site correctly these days: it is spam and redirects you to a 'finance
news' website.

This where is goes - I've added it to my 'blocked' list on various firewalls:

http://financedailyreport2.pl/?12/2

Here's the entire HTML from the first link (I've snipped the angle-brackets):

!-- GoStats Simple HTML Based Code --
a target="_blank" title="website hits" href="http://gostats.com"img
alt="website hits"
src="http://c4.gostats.com/bin/count/a_380004/t_5/i_1/counter.png"
style="border-width:0" //a
!-- End GoStats Simple HTML Based Code --
h1
You are here because one of your friends br have invited you.br
Page loading, please wait....
/h1
meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url=http://financedailyreport2.pl/?12/2"
~
~
~
~
 I wish I didn't feel the need to mention this, but
 the email from Lee's account looks like email from
 a friend of mine who got hacked.

 Both use Yahoo, both are addressed to multiple
 recipients, and both have a URL leading to an odd
 web site.

 I humbly suggest not following the URL until Lee
 weighs in on whether it's a legit email.

 I hope that helps,
 Kingsley