[dundee] The Next Software Society Meeting - 14th March 2013

chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk chairman at thesoftwaresociety.org.uk
Tue Mar 12 13:34:40 UTC 2013

Hello Everyone,

The next meeting of the Software Society will be Daniel Gleed speaking about "Yubikey and Lastpass"

With the ever expanding inter-network, users are requiring more and more accounts on individual web services ranging from: social media, online shopping, blogs and online storage. Due to the amount of services each requiring its own password, personal password policy begins to degrade for many.

In this talk I would like, if I may, to introduce you to a handy tool called Yubikey. A small USB device which can be used in multiple modes to enhance system security and online security. In addition I'd like to show you how you can prevent your accounts becoming more vulnerable, by using Lastpass to generate and store your online credentials. All of this as well as discussion on the subject of passwords and multiple accounts on the internet.

The meeting will start at 7pm at The Burgh

Hope to see many of you there.