[dundee] Straw poll on editors / Word-processors

Paul Sutherland newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com
Thu Sep 19 21:18:42 UTC 2013

On 19 September 2013 14:59, Paul Sutherland <newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hi,
>
> TinyMCE is another option which is worth evaluating:
> http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/basic.php

I use TinyMCE with Django web applications and has similar functionality to
CKEditor, both come with the major Linux distributions (certainly Fedora).

> For PDF generation I think PrinceXML offers the best transformation of HTML,
> but it is a commercial product.

There is an open source (GNU GPL.v2) PDF generator called mPDF that
reportedly works with TinyMCE

http://www.mpdf1.com/mpdf/enhancements
^^ Thanks, I never knew about this ­ I will give that a review.

Gordon

> Thanks,
>
> Paul

irc.lug.org.uk