[dundee] Ubuntu installation challenges!

Colin Brough colin.brough at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Apr 30 14:40:27 UTC 2014

On 25/04/14 17:21, gordon dunlop wrote:

>     For good measure, update the intramfs which I think is corrupted or
>     missing:
>
>     $ sudo update-intramfs
>
> pardon the typo it should have read:
>
> $ sudo update-initramfs
>
> Apologies

Thanks for all the suggestions. Turns out it was unetbootin creating a
bad bootable stick for the amd64 ISO - worked OK for the i386 ISO, and
once I tried the Ubuntu "Startup Disk Creator" (on one of the new
Ubuntu 14.04 installs that had worked...) to recreate the USB stick, I
managed a successful install... grrrr/phew, in roughly equal measure!

--

Cheers

Colin

Rev Colin Brough
Minister
Fintry Parish Church of Scotland, Dundee
Scottish Charity Number: SC020742

Colin Brough                             Colin.Brough at blueyonder.co.uk