[dundee] Fwd: [Ksplice #9105] Ksplice CVE-2014-3153 update fails on Fedora 19

gordon dunlop zubenel at fedoraproject.org
Thu Jun 12 10:15:33 UTC 2014

I thought everyone would like to know the reply I got from Oracle which was
quick (+1 for that). I have a funny feeling this will turn into some sort
of a saga as I have tried about 30 times to install this update on my
workstation. I have stopped any vm's, killed libvirt and there are very
little processes going on. TOP shows only 1% CPU and 1% Memory being
utilised so there is very little going on and still it would not update
after a lot more tries. If it doesn't work on a desktop with little
activity how is it going to work on a server? I have set the configuration
to autoinstall. On a personal note I don't like auto updates as I want to
know what the updates are prior to installing. I use yum-cron on my servers
that checks and downloads updates but not install them at 4.am every day.
An email is then sent to my gmail account via a Postfix relay with SASL
authentication and TLS encryption (Google allows up to 500 emails daily
with this method) to inform me what updates are ready for installing. I
will have it set on autoinstall for a week, if it updates I will eat my Red
Hat :-).