[dundee] Tonight at the Software Society: Planning Meeting and Flash Talks

Paul Sutherland newsonthegrapevine at gmail.com
Thu Apr 21 07:52:26 UTC 2016

Good Morning,

At the Software Society tonight we will be holding the second of our planning meetings.  After 5 successful years of fortnightly Technology Talks we decided to reflect on what has worked and what has not and what has changed with time.  So we decided that to ensure we keep hip and happening we should have a refresh and update of the format, the promotion, website, name, domain name etc to reflect the changes in technology and time.

So tonight we will continue on that adventure with a quick journey through history, an update of where we are and we will work on promotions, the final selection of our new name, format of talks, planning of the first of the new batch of talks, opening of accounts and services and much more, so if you would like to get involved in shaping our future, please come down and join in.

Following the planning meeting, we will have time for Flash talks, so if you have a new project, new toy, or an exciting piece of tech you want to share and talk about, you are more than welcome to present a 5-10 min flash talk.

As always, the meeting is being held at Dundee MakerSpace and we will start at 7:30pm.
Suite 5, Vision Building, 20 Greenmarket, Dundee, DD1 4QB

We look forward to seeing you there…

Cheers,

Paul