[Nelug] REDHAT 8.0 & Win2000

K.E.Vorloou at durham.ac.uk K.E.Vorloou at durham.ac.uk
Wed Jan 29 08:27:02 UTC 2003

I believe you are right....

It makes no sense though when Mandrake does the job with Lilo
properly (even on the MBR) and Red Hat has a problem......

The installation procedure reported that there were some problems
with my hard disk (the usual message about the cylinders and that
Linux may not function properly etc. etc.) but I installed lilo "properly"
and still it doesn't work. Could it be that Red Hat does not see NTFS
partitions and that the Kernel should be modified in order to do so ?
(whereas Mandrake has no problem)

Best,
Costas

Bets regards,