[Nelug] RE: Nick - What Distro

Andy Hoult gonkster at jolt.co.uk
Sun Jul 13 12:36:01 UTC 2003

Mandrake is probably the easiest to use, although I find that RedHat 9 and
Suse 8.2 Pro all seem to have simple install methods too.

Get rid of that winmodem though, you'll have a hard time getting it to work,
there's some cheap serial port modems at www.ebuyer.com .

Also the ATI 9500 driver has 3d support with firegl-
http://www.schneider-digital.de/download/ati/glx1_linux_X4.3.zip

There used to be a simple rpm for it on the ATI website, god knows where
it's disappeared to now :/

Regards,

Andy Hoult
AKA Gonkster