[Nelug] Meeting

Gordon Mark Forrest gmforrest at tiscali.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 18:05:01 UTC 2003

Dear all,

       let me introduce myself. My name is Gordon Forrest and I work
as a tech in a factory that makes copper foil. I used to work at the Uni
( Durham ) as a chemistry lab tech. I decided to build a high speck PC
to run Linux to do some serious stuff on.

	My PC has a Intel Pentium 4 2.66GHz 533MHz Northwood
MPGA ( 478 Pin ) CPU, 1GBt of 400MHz DDR Ram,1.4MBt Floppy,
a second-hand 40GBt HD and a 52* CD-Rom. I bought a G-Force FX 5200 8*AGP
with 128MBt of Ram. Unfortunately I haven't got the driver for it as my
motherboard ( P4X400DAP  ) with a VIA VT8235 South Bridge Chipset is not
recognised by the system. Had a good look on the internet but could not
find the exact driver I need. Can anyone help? I've also just put in a
SoundBlaster card today. Very easy to do. It's running Redhat 9.
	My ultimate aim is to get two or more identical machines and network
them into a Beowulf cluster. I've ordered "Building Linux Clusters" by
David H.M Spector. Should get it next week.

	I would like to come to the meeting on Wednesday but don't know
where the Rowing Club is.

                                Gordon