[Nelug] [Fwd: Forward of moderated message]

Richard Patterson richard at rp2k.co.uk
Wed Apr 14 08:35:49 UTC 2004

Hi Andrew,

I have a similar setup to you, and do run some domains myself (including
the nelug.org.uk domain)

The DNS system does require you to have (at least) 2 name servers for
your domain, however there are a number of free secondary DNS services
out there. I use twisted4life.com and secondary.org to provide my backup
dns servers.

You will however require a static IP address for your primary name
server (and other servers like MX).

Have you tried using nslookup localy to check that the domain works on
your server?

One of the best domain name testers i have used is available at
http://www.dnsreport.com/

If you provide us with the domain name you have changed, we'll be able
to help more.

I can provide assistance to get it up and running if you wish. (I might
even write something for the website on this topic)