[Nelug] Meeting reminder 21st April 2004 - Durham Rowing Club

Richard Patterson nelug-admin at nelug.org.uk
Thu Apr 15 12:04:35 UTC 2004

Hi all,

Just a reminder that the next meeting will be on Wednesday 21st April at
8:00PM in the bar at Durham Rowing Club...

The following is listed on the website as outstanding topics to cover...

    1.   Software RAID
    2.   Databases
    3.   Building and updating the Kernel
    4.   Web servers and proxies
    5.   Using the autoconf utility
    6.   3D Gaming

It would be good if we could discuss some of the above at the meeting,
maybe someone could volunteer to write some documents on them, I'll then
put them on the website.

In a previous meeting, it was highlighted that there is a lack of
"beginner's support" in the Linux world, and the suggestion was made
that we should dedicate say the first 30 minutes to helping the
beginners get to grips with Linux.

Last month's reminder seemed to go astray... But i expect to be able to
be at the meeting this month.

Feel free to bring a friend to the meeting...