[Nelug] Wireless to wired network bridge

Steven Babylon722 at EpsilonEridani.freeserve.co.uk
Mon Feb 16 17:56:06 UTC 2004

Does anyone have any experiance with the Netgear WG602

http://www.netgear.com/products/prod_details.php?prodID=170&view=

What I would like is to link a few wireless laptops into my existing
network of 100-base-TX based Netgear Switches & NICs. The WG602 would
have
to behave as a access point for the wireless network (for more than two
wireless nics (ie NOT ad-hoc) and bridge (is that the correct term?) to
the wired network so that the wireless laptops could access
samba/nfs/cups/ntp/internet/e-mail from the wired network.

Also would the wireless laptops use the DHCP server on the wired part of
the network (ie my current wired network has an 192.168.1.x address
range) or would the wireless require a different IP address range (ie
192.168.2.x)???

Thanx in Advance.

Steven.