[Nelug] Linux Newbie

c.w.hanning at durham.ac.uk c.w.hanning at durham.ac.uk
Sun Oct 31 20:28:17 UTC 2004

Hi there,
Variosu people have recomened linux to me over the past year or so and I
finally decided to take the plunge.  I'm a complete programming/linux/unix
newbie who's decided to break out of the Micro$oft bubble.  Having said that,
I still want to have Windows on my PC since I have various things that only
run under windows (various scientific thingys, I'm a chemistry student here
in Durham).  Now my problem, I've installed SuSE personal edition 9.1 on my
2nd hard drive, but now I can't boot Windows XP from my first hard drive, I
just get a message saying "missing operating system".  I've tried
reinstallign XP from CD but with no luck, so at the moment I can only get
SuSE to run.  Does anyone have any idiot-proof suggestions of how to get
windows working again?

Cheers in advance folks,
Chris Hanning

PS Hopefully I'll be at your next meeting in November.