[Nelug] DVB MythTV, Radio

David Robson rob at colournet.org
Mon Jun 13 10:44:05 UTC 2005

On Mon, 13 Jun 2005, Richard Patterson wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Just wondering if anyone else is using a DVB card at all?
>
> I have a "Twinhan Magic Box" - this is a USB DVB-T receiver... I have it
> working quite well under Gentoo Linux, only problem being that I have to
> re-plug it, then restart the mythbackend. "dmesg" shows that the card
> has been initialised, but myth won't use it until it's been re-plugged
> and mythbackend restarted (This sometimes locks up the PC).

*snip*

Hey,

Just a wild guess here but its possible one of the modules the card needs
is being loaded by hotplug instead of by whatever needs it, should be easy
enough to test by sticking a line into /etc/hotplug/blacklist

--
Rob

GnuPG key: 1024D/309586CA
Fingerprint: 952A 4EB9 CC81 F30A 35CF  D473 BF12 FD80 3095 86CA
Key available at http://pgp.mit.edu