[Nelug] Linux Laptop supplier wanted

Aidan Delaney adelaney at cs.may.ie
Mon Mar 14 15:18:27 UTC 2005

On Mon, 2005-03-14 at 00:05 +0000, Phil Britton wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 11:40 +0000, Martin Ward wrote:
> > Does anyone know of a laptop supplier who can sell a duel-boot Windows XP
> > and Mandrake 10.1 laptop with *working* wireless networking in both OSs?
> >

> I don't know of any suppliers, outside of the US, but if you want to
> have a go yourself I can help you as I've got it going under a couple of
> distros using both NDISwrapper and the Linuxant driver loader,
There shouldn't be a need to use the NDIS wrapper if you choose your
wireless chipset.  I have a Prism 54 based wireless card which works
flawlessly, I've used Cisco cards which work and I know that Intel now
support the Centrino wireless cards under Linux with an OSS driver.

Basically if you buy a Centrino based laptop you should have no
problems.
Aidan Delaney   email: adelaney at cs.nuim.ie
                web: http://www.cs.nuim.ie/~adelaney
                gpg: http://www.cs.nuim.ie/~adelaney/public_key.asc